The British Columbia Economic Development Association (BCEDA) first started the BC BusinessCounts program in 2010. The format was the first of its kind in Canada and has now been adopted by three other Provinces. BC BusinessCounts provides a consistent province-wide method for gathering data needed to identify and analyze business needs at the local, regional and provincial level. To date over 40 groups, representing over 85 communities are using the BC BusinessCounts Program to identify the needs of local businesses and industry and to make their communities a better place in which to do business. If your community is not part of the program please contact us.
Following extensive research on Business Retention platforms, BCEDA purchased a provincial master license for Executive Pulse. Executive Pulse web based CRM software is designed to collect and analyze data on existing industries with data collected by local agencies. A special licensing agreement enables BCEDA to make this software available to economic development organizations at prices substantially cheaper than normal.
BCEDA has always place importance on business retention and expansion programs and supporting those businesses already in a community. Business Retention is best performed as a community driven activity to maximize local development of existing industry. Each community or region develops its own approaches to conduct business outreach. A robust CRM is an integral part of this approach.
- User friendly. Interfaces with Outlook and other Microsoft Office program.
- Multi-user assignments to allow for the development of local partnerships to assist in responding to business needs.
- Action item management to follow the work being taken to meet business needs
- Strong Journal entry system
- New Mobile App for Iphone, Android and Windows based smartphones and tablets.
- Immediate access to existing pre-defined and user-friendly economic and business development, labour and project management surveys for outreach and contact relationship management
- Highly functional reporting capacity and analytics converting data into competitive intelligence
- Several additional add-on modules available including Prospect, Small Business/Entrepreneurs and soon will have film, event management and more.
We hold periodic webinars on how to use the BC BusinessCounts system. You will find recordings for the most recent webinars below.
- May 5, 2016 - BC BusinessCounts - Refresher & Features