Chief Executive Officer - Saa’men Economic Development Corporation
The Saa’men Economic Development Corporation (“Saa’men”) is a newly formed economic development corporation owned by the Qualicum First Nation. Saa’men is in the early stages of development and exploring
The Board of Directors is seeking a dynamic, values-driven, results oriented CEO to provide leadership and direction to the organization including implementing a long term strategy, financial management, new business development and oversight of day to day operations. The successful candidate will have outstanding interpersonal and communication skills and an ability to achieve results. He or she will have an understanding of First Nation and corporate governance and a proven track record of his or her ability to work with and be accountable to a Board of Directors. This is a part-time position requiring flexible hours based on workload and schedules. Remuneration will be based on qualifications and experience of the successful candidate.
The Chief Executive Officer for Saa’men Economic GP Ltd. will fulfill the mandate of Saa’men Economic Development Limited Partnership (SEDLP) by creating wealth through investments. The Chief Executive Officer will maximize financial growth and returns in a manner that respects the culture and traditions of the Qualicum First Nation.
Reporting to the Saa’men Board of Directors, the Chief Executive Officer has the overall responsibility for:
• Leading, directing and managing the day to day operations and administration of SEDLP;
• Financial management, strategic planning, and implementation;
• Supervising SEDLP’s businesses and projects;
• Seeking and managing the funding and implementation for new business opportunities;
• Ensuring positive and productive public relations with the community, QFN, partners and stakeholders.
Experience and Core Competencies Required:
• A minimum of 5 years experience in a senior management position responsible for business development
• A post-secondary degree in business, finance, resource management, or related field of study
• Experience in business planning, demonstrated ability to work effectively with partners, government agencies and stakeholders
• Excellent communications skills, demonstrated ability in sharing information and maintaining open and inclusive communication with shareholders, communities, partners
• Demonstrated ability to mentor and build capacity within First Nation community members
• Demonstrated ability in strategic planning and business development
• Demonstrated ability to form effective and healthy partnerships
• Ability to work independently and demonstrated accountability in a senior management position
• Demonstrated ability to oversee sound financial management of a corporation
Saa’men Economic Development LP is the independent, for-profit, business investment vehicle for the shareholders of the Qualicum First Nation.
Qualified applicants will need to submit a resume with references on or before the Closing Date: January 26, 2018