May 8th to 12th is British Columbia Economic Development Week!
Save the dates! #EconDevWeek23 runs from May 8 – 12. Keep an eye out as we prepare to showcase the programs – and the people – who make our communities stronger!
BCEDA is looking forward to highlighting #EcDevInAction from BC's communities with a number of FREE webinars, document and web releases. Share your #EcDevInAction to be included.
BCEDA #EconDevWeek23 Events
Monday, May 8
Webinar: Colonized Rehab - Indigenous Engagement Lunch & Learn
Does your organization have an interest in Indigenous engagement? Are you interested in a presentation focusing on battle-tested Indigenous relationship building principles utilizing the 2003 Community Accord signed between Tla'amin Nation and the City of Powell River? Join KWAST-en-ayu, Former Chief Councillor, Tla'amin Nation and Stewart Alsgard ('Qoqoq'), former Mayor, City of Powell River to clarify misconceptions, explain why Indigenous Relations and Reconciliation departments exist, and understand proper usage of term 'reconciliation'.Click here to register.
Tuesday, May 9
Webinar: Attracting and Retaining Remote WorkersContent Launch: New Posts on EcDevInAction.caWednesday, May 10
Join us in this webinar where we will take the data perspective on attracting and retaining remote workers. We will highlight important data points for understanding this demographic group, what is required to attract and retain them, and their significance for economic development. Presented by Sasha Bogdanovic, CTO @ CityViz Economic Development Data Portal.
Click here to register
Webinar: The Community Information Tool (CIT)
The Community Information Tool (CIT) is a central access point for data to help planners, policy makers, economic developers, researchers and academics thrive in the digital economy. The CIT compiles over 40 data sets offering insights into regions across B.C. with integrated socio-economic, connectivity and community assets data. The CIT assists users to better understand multiple factors that are happening within a community and region to support analytical and forecasting work, offering easy access to data-driven insights for communities in B.C. In this session, you will learn how to use the CIT as a comparative tool to see how one community is similar or different from another, search attributes of a community using your own criteria, and view a culmination of different data produced at the community level.Click here to registerThursday, May 11
Webinar: The Community Investment Opportunities Tool (CIOT)
The Community Investment Opportunities Tool (CIOT) is an online provincial site-selection tool that connects investors with industrial, commercial, and agricultural land in B.C. that is available for investment. Promoters can upload available investment opportunities to promote the very best industrial, commercial, and agricultural land in the community. The tool automatically supplements potential investment lands with key location information. Investors can search for available investment opportunities to find the ideal location for their business in the province. In this session, you will learn how to use the CIOT to work with communities in promoting investment opportunities, and to facilitate engagement with investors who may be interested in the province.Click here to registerFriday, May 12
Webinar: From Champions to Ambassadors
– WeBC is a not-for-profit organization supporting women business owners across the province for over 25 years. Working with regional partners, they have provided thousands of entrepreneurs with business loans and expertise, training, mentoring and resources to help businesses grow and thrive. Using a network of local rural ambassadors, WeBC reaches across the province to support women entrepreneurs start and grow their businesses. Learn more about their ambassador program and their vision to help build more capacity in communities across BC with Prresenter Shauna Harper, CEO of WeBC.Click here to registerContent Launch: New #EcDevInAction Presentations on BCEDA YouTube Channel
Looking for ideas to celebrate Economic Development Week?
Get involved and take part in the celebration by downloading IEDC's #EconDevWeek2
3 Toolkit and access:
- Special ways to engage your elected officials
- Press release and proclamation templates
- Social media graphics, stock images and logos
- Electronic and print advertising templates
- City, county, and state resolutions templates
- Social media marketing sample promotional messaging
- Event ideas
- Championing Economic Development resources
- And much, much more!
Get started now and create awareness for the value that the economic development profession brings to your community. IEDC ToolkitProclamation and Press Release Templates
Logo, Graphics and Stock Images