Economic Disaster Preparation
10 Steps to Prepare your Business for Evacuation.
If you are on evacuation alert or think you will be put on evacuation alert, there are some important steps you will want to consider. If you have an evacuation plan, review the plan and start the implementation process. If you do not have an evacuation plan, here are 10 things to consider.
BCEDA Economic Recovery & Resiliency Manual
In disaster-impacted communities, economic development organizations often lead economic recovery efforts by helping local businesses respond to impacts on their employees, their facilities, and their customer and supply networks. This toolkit is designed to get your communities started in the pre-planning process for economic recovery including:
- Disaster Preparation Measures – Building Capacity for Recovery
- Engaging the Business Community in Disaster Preparedness
- Small Business Assistance
- Business Retention and Expansion – Pre- and Post Disaster
- Crisis Communications
- Strategic Planning for Disaster Recovery
Protecting Your Business/Community Data
- Some communities and businesses may think that backup is sufficient for disaster recovery. However, when a business experiences an important IT outage, they realize sooner than later that having copies of data is not enough to keep the business running. Disaster Recovery and Data backup go hand in hand to support business continuity and are the foundation of a solid IT security strategy.
FREE Emergency Access to BC BusinessCounts
- As part of our Economic Disaster Resiliency and Recovery Program, the BC Economic Development Association is offering every Indigenous, local and regional government in BC the opportunity to upload your Business License data to our BC BusinessCounts system for free. Losing all of your business data by not being prepared will slow your chance for recovery. All data is stored in Canada and will only be accessible to you and BCEDA. BCEDA does not use your data for any reason. In the event of an evacuation order issued for your community, we will assign you a temporary access to the system so that you can communicate with your businesses quickly throughout the evacuation and during the recovery.